Winning The Virtual Room
In a world with constant digital distractions, keeping clients engaged during a virtual sales or marketing pitch can be challenging. Sales and Marketing Managers are no longer able to rely on the power of storytelling, firm handshakes and fancy food platters to help them secure new business. What was once done in onsite meetings now needs a new approach and this blog will discuss how to pitch virtually and make it a success.
Remote pitching allows sales professionals to meet face-to-face with their clients, providing a real-time response and giving them the opportunity to adjust their sales pitch accordingly. It helps both parties put a face to the name which can go a long way in building and maintaining a strong, professional relationship. Recent research suggests that only 7% of a message is conveyed by words and the remaining 93% consists of tone of voice (38%) and body language (55%) so Marketers need to get their approach right first time.
The early weeks of lockdown saw an extraordinary rise in remote sales pitching via video conference platforms, with Zoom alone receiving over 300 million meeting participants per day in 2020. Pitching via Zoom allows you to connect with people virtually all over the world and sales pitching in this way can be a cost effective, highly efficient tool.
Whether you are using Google Hangout, Microsoft Teams or Zoom, familiarise yourself with the video conferencing platform you will be using. Many have a few extended features that are particularly useful, like sharing your computer audio, sharing multiple screens, or temporarily pausing screen share if you need to juggle a few things, like home-schooling or somebody at the door with your latest parcel delivery. Virtual pitch best practices should be at the front of your mind so set up your video call with thought on backdrop, a quiet space and minimal interruption where possible.
Practice makes perfect when winning the virtual room. Set up a timer and record yourself so that you can adjust your body language and approach if necessary, thinking of your audience and how you can engage them. Successful sales pitching is an art, preparation is the key.
NICOLA MONGON is the MD of Spotlight Recruitment, the leading marketing recruitment agency in the UK since 2008. Read our 5* Google reviews from candidates and clients to find out more. If you would like to discuss recruitment, you can reach Spotlight on 020 3008 4254 or email@example.com.