Podcasts have fast become a popular and enjoyable way to learn and expand your knowledge across a wide variety of topics – marketing included. When you have time to listen, a captivating marketing podcast can keep you informed on key topics, insight, and opinions and learning while on the go! Podcasts are an appealing alternative to watching television or looking at a screen, allowing you to listen and multi-task at the same time which enriching your knowledge.
Podcasts offer knowledge and inspiration, all in a simplistic format that is easy to follow for most people. If you want to stay clued up on new topics and trends around marketing, they are a user-friendly source of information for focused Marketers.
Top marketing podcasts typically delve into marketing trends, case studies or success stories, tips for effective marketing in areas such as SEO and blogs; all of which can help Marketers to succeed in their role. Podcasts offer a real channel for personal and professional growth, allowing us exposure to subject-matter experts and industry leaders.
With a huge range of podcasts out there, it can be overwhelming finding one that is both informative and captivating and worth a listen. Spotlight Recruitment have compiled a list of our Top 5 Marketing Podcasts that we feel stand out and offer really interesting insight:
- Today in Digital Marketing – Rated 5* on Apple Podcasts, this daily, 10-minute podcast -hosted by business journalist, Tod Maffin – offers the latest marketing news across social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter. Today in Digital Marketing podcast episodes are only 10-15 minutes long, which is ideal for those who struggle to find time for longer podcasts.
- Marketing Scoop Podcast – This weekly podcast by leading content marketing platform – SEMrush – details case studies of small businesses to global brands such as Google and Vodafone, interviewing those behind successful marketing campaigns. These episodes also discuss the latest news, tools, and techniques to aid your marketing skills, from SEO to content creation.
- The Influencer Podcast – With the influencer field becoming increasingly competitive, it’s vital for influencers to stay on top of trends and learning more about best practices. The Influencer Podcast focuses on inspiring and advising influencers, discussing the newest trends and successful strategies that influencers can use. With over 350 episodes, this podcast has been labelled as ‘empowering’ and ‘inspirational’ in the listener reviews.
- Marketing School – While some podcasts can be long and often jam-packed, The Marketing School Podcast offers 5 to 10 minute episodes with bite-sized digital marketing tips, covering areas including copywriting and SEO; this type of marketing podcast is especially useful for beginners in the field and those who don’t have time for lengthy podcasts. Hosted by SEO experts Eric Siu and Neil Patel, you’re sure to learn plenty of actionable tips and tricks.
- Not Another Marketing Podcast – Many marketing podcasts provide marketing advice that is fairly broad and typically aimed at marketing professionals. However, Not Another Marketing Podcast focuses on marketing for the smaller scale businesses of ‘Solopreneurs’ and Freelancers. One of their most recent episodes discusses personal branding for freelancers and small businesses.
Though podcasts are usually renowned for offering entertainment, these marketing podcasts help you to keep updated with trend and provide advice from industry experts. Why not give some of these podcasts a listen and let us know what you think?
Learning these tips and tricks though various marketing podcasts can help you to develop the most in-demand marketing skills, ultimately setting you up for success in your marketing career!
NICOLA MONGON is the MD of Spotlight Marketer Recruitment, specialists in marketing, digital, and communications recruitment since 2008. Read our 5* Google reviews from candidates and clients to find out more. If you would like to discuss hiring plans or find out more about us, you can reach Spotlight at 020 3008 4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org