In 2021, TikTok celebrated the incredibly impressive milestone of having 1 billion active users and so it comes as no surprise that Marketers are hopping on to this fast-growing social media platform. Whether you are after dance challenges, humorous videos, fitness advice, fashion inspiration, or the newest recipes, TikTok has you covered, and its diverse array of categories is so popular amongst all generations. Even though this social channel is most popular amongst Gen Z, you will find plenty of Millennials and Baby Boomers enjoying and creating short-form video content across TikTok, resulting in it being one of the fastest-growing social media platforms of all time.
Whether you’re looking for fun content, information on social issues, or reviews on the newest products, TikTok offers it all and brands are starting to recognise the importance of having a TikTok presence and hiring creative Marketers who can help them grow their audience. TikTok differs to other social media platforms in that you do not need to have a large following for your content to go viral as standout content that the algorithm deems interesting and engaging will likely end up on a user’s uniquely designed For You Page (FYP). So, how can your brand gain attraction on TikTok and what are the benefits?
How to make the most of your brand’s TikTok account:
- Partner with influencers – TikTok influencers not only have an established following that can gain the right attraction, but they understand how the features work, how to engage their audience, and what trends to take advantage of. Collaborating with influencers can benefit your brand and they will know exactly the right way to transform your corporate brand message into a fun, creative video.
- Creating stand-out content – Creative and well-thought-out content is likely to gain the right attraction on TikTok and combining this with popular hashtags and trending sounds will only work in your favour.
- Paid ads – Brands can now create branded hashtags, video effects, and run in-feed ads across the platform. This is a great new advertising channel as it is high reach and far more far affordable than platforms such as Instagram.
What are the benefits of having a TikTok account for your brand?
- You do not need to spend ages thinking of a new trend as you can merely recreate or contribute to a current trend, resulting in quick, non-time-consuming content. Think about how your brand can relate to the trend and join in on the fun!
- You do not need a large budget to be successful on TikTok so both small and large companies can succeed with the right strategy.
- You are expanding your social media presence and connecting with a larger, global audience.
- 90% of TikTok users access the app on a daily basis so interaction is quite high.
- You do not need an already large following to go viral due to the nature of the algorithm.
Gymshark, Ryanair, and Duolingo are few of the most successful brand accounts and their videos often go viral due to their imaginative content and engaged users. If you’re looking to expand into the world of TikTok marketing but are not sure where to start, then maybe consider hiring a creative Marketer who is on top of trends, passionate about TikTok, and in touch with what the audience wants! Spotlight Recruitment would love to support your search in finding the right Marketer for your band – please get in touch today to find out how we can help.
NICOLA MONGON is the MD of Spotlight Recruitment Marketing, specialists in marketing, digital, and communications recruitment since 2008. Read our 5* Google reviews from candidates and clients to find out more. If you would like to discuss hiring plans or find out more about us, you can reach Spotlight at 020 3008 4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org