In such a competitive and evolving sector, it is vital to set yourself apart from the vast field of Marketers and continue your own development. When applying for roles or progressing in your career, your continued learning will be noted so making use of free, online marketing courses is one way to show your awareness of changes in the sector.
Whether you are a junior marketer looking to stand our during your job search or a seasoned marketing professional looking to raise your game, learning via marketing courses can help you develop in-demand marketing skills and ensure you’re up to date with best marketing practice and industry trends.
The team at Spotlight Recruitment have put together a list of the best 5 marketing courses right now, which are all free and easily available online!
- Hubspot Inbound Marketing – This course provided by HubSpot is perfect if you’re looking for a core understanding of creating valuable, relevant content that works to improve the consumer journey. Additionally, you will explore automation strategies and AI tools which can be used to optimise your marketing processes. With a total of 7 lessons and under 5 hours of your time, you will gain rich insights regarding inbound marketing and a certificate to prove it!
- Meta Blueprint – With the seemingly ever-expanding Metaverse, it is key to stay updated with all Meta digital marketing tools, for platforms including Instagram and Facebook. Meta provide an array of free, in-depth courses, ranging from beginner to professional level – the most useful of these being a tailored Meta Certification that you can choose dependent on your area of expertise i.e. Digital Marketing Associate. These Meta courses are typically 90 minutes long, though some extra time may be needed for exams or assessments.
- Google Ads & Google Analytics – This course by Google is a must for any digital marketer to gain useful insights into SEO and advertising performance. There is approximately 3.5 hours of learning time with 1 or 2 exams to complete and receive a certificate. The Google Analytics course is a great asset to add to your CV as previous knowledge and experience of Google Analytics is often desirable for many employers!
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google Digital Garage) – If you’re a beginner that is looking to learn the fundamentals of Digital Marketing, then look no further! This 40-hour course, which you can complete at your own steady pace, covers all aspects of digital marketing. It also provides a recognised certification to add to your LinkedIn or CV which not only demonstrates your skills, but also a desire for continued learning which is a favourable attribute for employers.
- TikTok Marketing Masterclass – With the rapid rise of TikTok marketing, many businesses are turning their marketing attention to this platform. This course, by the Influencer Marketing Hub, teaches you everything you need to know about using TikTok to develop your business or your personal brand, including how to increase engagement and building your audience. Pursing a course dedicated to TikTok can be especially helpful if you’re looking for ways to successfully market to Gen-Z.
These marketing courses provide the really tangible benefits, expanding your knowledge and broadening your horizons, which can help to set you apart from other Marketers. With the only cost being a little bit of your time and effort, what have you got to lose?
NICOLA MONGON is the MD of Spotlight Recruitment, specialists in marketing, digital, and communications recruitment since 2008. Read our 5* Google reviews from candidates and clients to find out more. If you would like to discuss hiring plans or find out more about us, you can reach Spotlight at 020 3008 4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org